Page One


Here is page one of my new graphic novel. I'll share the title after I post this opening scene. It's not called 'Blue'.

I'll post the first few pages here on the blog, and when I post the title page, I'll set up an archive on my website.

I will try to post new pages as often as I can, but since I'm juggling several projects, not to mention being a stay-at-home mom, I'm not going to commit to a weekly post. However, I do hope to post new pages regularly and will do my best to update twitter, facebook and google plus when I post to make it easier to read along. If there is interest in a mailing list, I'll set that up too.

Happy reading! Or... well... maybe unhappy reading... you don't know what sort of story this is yet. :)

Comments

Toria said…
Woohoo!!
Looking forward to it whenever & however you can fit it in :)
Jg said…
Woo hoo!
Parkourgeek said…
woot! Go being a mom! I salute you for that. -_-\
Ahtna said…
Beautifull! Did you base this on a specific castle, or did you combine castles? It looks very real, with the added parts :)

Very German looking, love it!
Khazm said…
Very excited about this! Can't wait to start reading...
sarah said…
Thanks everyone! :D

And Ahtna, the castle's shape is based on slightly curved-wall like structure my daughter was building out of blocks the other day. And the details are inspired by the beautiful Mespelbrunn castle in Germany. Good eye! :)
Sjan Weijers said…
wow... so happy to have found this blog!
Great work, Sarah - really nice characters, and your sketchwork is lovely, really confident!
Anonymous said…
Thank you mrs. mensinga. i really look forward to your next book. are you publishing the wellington division?
Shark said…
OMG! I'm so excited you're starting a new one!! I can't wait to read it! :D